What is the cost of advertising on Yelp?
Are you considering local advertising for your small or medium-sized business? Yelp Ads could be a great way to reach new customers in your area. But how much does it cost to advertise on Yelp, and is it worth it for your business?
As a local marketing agency and certified Yelp advertising partner, we often get asked about the cost of advertising on Yelp. And while there are a few factors that can affect the cost of your ads, we wanted to give you a general idea of what you can expect to pay. In today's post, we'll keep it short and sweet to answer your high-level questions about the cost of advertising on Yelp.
1. What is Yelp advertising, and how does it work?
Yelp advertising is a cost-per-click (CPC) advertising platform that allows businesses to place ads in search results when customers look for certain types of companies on their desktops or mobile devices. When users click on an ad, they are directed to the advertiser's website or a landing page, called a Yelp profile. Yelp advertisers leverage advertising products on the Yelp platform such as Enhanced profiles, calls to action, Yelp Connect, portfolios, slideshows, and more to capitalize on Yelp's high-intent consumers and convert as many leads as possible.
2. How much does advertising on Yelp cost, and what are the benefits?
The cost of advertising on Yelp varies from company to company, but the price of entry to make a noticeable difference in the number of leads you can generate tends to start at around $500-$1,000 per month in ads and profile products.
While some advertisers can get away with spending less, we usually wouldn't recommend considering paid advertising unless you're genuinely willing to invest a significant amount into it for an extended amount of time. Otherwise, you won't be able to reap the fantastic benefits of Yelp ads!
Speaking of which, the primary benefits of advertising on Yelp are:
Generating new leads and customers cost-effectively
Increasing brand awareness and reach
Improving your chances of being found in search results
Building trust and credibility with potential customers
Do these sound like things that could benefit your business? Contact us today to learn more.
3. How can you make the most of your advertising dollars on Yelp, and what are some best practices to follow?
The top advertisers on Yelp are those that follow best practices and invest in an ongoing, long-term strategy. This means having a clear plan for what you want to achieve with your Yelp ads, setting a budget you're comfortable with, and being patient as you track results and fine-tune your campaigns. It's also essential to create compelling ad copy and offer discounts or specials that entice users to click on your ads. And finally, don't forget to optimize your business's Yelp profile page! An optimized profile and local business listing can make all the difference in whether or not potential customers decide to do business with you.
If you're interested in learning more about how to make the most of your advertising dollars on Yelp (or any other platform), we invite you to contact us for a free consultation to discuss how to maximize your effectiveness on Yelp.
4. Can you track the results of your Yelp advertising campaign?
Absolutely! Yelp provides business owners with a very easy-to-read dashboard that includes real-time information on the number of impressions, leads, profile views, and more that your ads are generating. You can also track how much you're spending on your campaign and see which ad placements are performing the best. This information is critical in understanding what's working and what isn't so that you can make adjustments to your campaigns as needed.
If you decide to run ads through a digital marketing agency like us instead of managing it on your own, we actually do all of the tracking, managing, and reporting related to your Yelp advertising campaign. Many business owners prefer to focus on their specialty rather than trying to become digital marketing experts. That’s why we offer full-service Yelp support to those who need it (and we provide unique and financial benefits with our services, too, just ask)!
5. Is there anything else business owners should know about advertising on Yelp?
We could talk about a huge number of things business owners should know about advertising on Yelp, but the top three things we think you should know after reading this quick article are:
1. Yelp ads can be a great way to generate leads and customers cost-effectively, but they're not necessarily what we’d consider cheap. No paid advertising method is! You need to be willing to invest a significant amount of money into them to see results, so even though Yelp may be more affordable than Google, Facebook, or even investing in SEO, it will still be an investment nonetheless.
2. You can't just set it and forget it. Advertising on Yelp requires ongoing management, optimization, and adjustment to be truly effective.
3. You can't do it alone. Unless you're willing to invest the time and effort into becoming a digital marketing expert, we recommend working with an experienced agency partner like us to manage your Yelp advertising campaign for you.
Do you have any other questions about advertising on Yelp? We're happy to answer them! Reach out today to get scheduled for a free Yelp ads consultation with our team.